Saturday, April 3, 2010

The KFC Double Down Sandwich is coming, run for your lives (if you can)


That's right, Kentucky Fried Chicken's sin-against-cardiologists is coming to a location near you. To quote their website, a Double Down sandwich "features two thick and juicy boneless white meat chicken filets (Original Recipe® or Grilled), two pieces of bacon, two melted slices of Monterey Jack and pepper jack cheese and Colonel's Sauce."

Why the people at KFC's corporate offices thought that replacing two slices of bread with chicken was a good idea is beyond me. But if this is a sign of things to come in the world of fast food, then I think we're all going to end up like the humans in Wall-E:

Actual picture of Jeff Garlin, seriously.
Actual picture of Jeff Garlin, honest.

The Original Recipe of the Double Down is 540 calories with 32 grams of fat and a whooping 1380 mg of sodium. The Grilled version on the other hand is 460 calories with 23 grams of fat and 1430 mg of sodium.

I'm pretty sure the healthy option is suppose to be less salty than the regular one, but then again, I'm just a writer.

Now excuse me while I go lie down, I feel a heart attack coming.
---
Double Down photo courtesy of The Consumerist
Wall-E photo courtesy of Google, with apologies to Jeff Garlin

No comments:

Post a Comment